Monday, February 27, 2006

Turbo Fuck Up!

Well, I thought I'd have a good weekend. Got home Friday afternoon with a new turbine housing to put on the old CAT. Sounds easy, right? I should say that the exhaust leaking was beyond what I could stand or considered safe. Leaking between turbine and exhaust pipe and also cartridge side too. Once apart I noticed the flex pipe broken and leaking also. No wonder I was so tired and feeling weird all last week...carbon monoxide and diesel exhaust...wonderful! That damn galvanized flex pipe is crap. Gotta stick with the stainless. So the old turbine was so rusted and pitted it wouldn't seal anymore which is why I picked up a new one from Taylor Diesel in Nashville. Almost four hundred fucking dollars! Later I found Turbo Supply from Joplin, MO on the internet and their price was $286.00. Oh, well.
So I got the turbo off and tried to separate the cartridge from the old turbine housing and the motherfucking son-of-a-bitch fucking cracked! Jesus fucking H. Christ! After calling all around this morning and finding that everybody's out of stock for a Schwitzer 198264 I found J & H Diesel Service can get one the cheapest even though they gotta charge me more cause they're buying it from some other supplier cause they're out of stock too! $703.50 delivered to my door. Should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday. That sucks cause I was hoping to haul some good paying government loads out of Ft. Knox this week. Now I'm sitting at home. Nice weather though, 60s all week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home